A fire broke out at 5:30 a.m. Monday Morning at the Humphrey’s Park Community Center at the intersection of Fleetwing Drive and Mitchell Roads in Bristol Township.
A preliminary investigation is ruling it an arson after police had been at the center the night before regarding a burglary.
Edgely Fire Company Deputy Chief Brian Cirard describes the scene of the blaze when he arrived.
“There was smoke showing with a smoldering fire when the crews made entry,” Cirard said. “It’s definitely a significant loss.”
A charred interior, burnt out windows, and holes in the floor indicate the building will need major repairs before it can be used again.
The Edgely, Croydon, Newportville, Levittown No. 2, and Third District fire companies collaborated to combat the fire.