A home in Bristol Township is still standing thanks to the usefulness of smoke alarms, according to the Bristol Township Fire Marshal.

Crews from several fire companies responded to a home on the 1300 block of Minot Ave Saturday evening. Fortunately, the residents were outside and heard the alarms blaring from inside in the home.

There were no injuries to either the homeowners or first responders, and crews managed to contain the fire to one limited area.

“The fire damage was limited to the kitchen due to the residents having working smoke alarms,” Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito revealed in a press release. His investigation also discovered the cause of the fire was faulty wiring supplying power to an outlet in the kitchen.

The Croydon, Third District, Newportville, Union, and Cornwells fire companies responded to the scene. Additionally, the Bucks County Rescue Squad and Bensalem Rescue Squad turned up in preparation for the worst.