Workers will be attending to several roads and intersections throughout Lower Bucks County starting this Wednesday. Work went on hold over the holiday break to make travel easier on busy roads.
ADA curb ramp installation continues in Newtown and Lower Makefield Townships. Motorists traveling through the following intersections from Wednesday, Jan. 2, through this Friday can expect delays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) and Route 532 (Durham Road) in Newtown Township;
- Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) and Newtown Langhorne Road in Newtown Township;
- Route 532 (Durham Road) and Route 532 (Sycamore Street/ Washington Crossing) in Newtown Township;
- Mirror Lake Road and Yardley Langhorne Road in Lower Makefield Township;
- Stony Hill Road and Cardinal Drive in Lower Makefield Township; and
- Big Oak Road and Makefield Road in Lower Makefield Township.
The project to widen and improve the Route 1, Street Road interchange in Bensalem continues this Wednesday through Saturday. Nighttime work will close the left lanes in both directions from 11 p.m. through 6 a.m. to remove a median barrier and curbs.
- U.S. 1 between Old Lincoln Highway and Rockhill Drive; and
- Route 132 (Street Road) between Kingston Way and Old Lincoln Highway.
Next, Bensalem residents should be aware of a road closure next week that is set to last for almost two months. Dunks Ferry Road between Mechanicsville Road and Knights Road will be closed beginning Monday, Jan. 7.
The project will replace pipes under the road’s surface as part of a larger plan to resurface 15 miles of highway in the county. Motorists can expect the road to be closed until the end of February, with the exception of local traffic. The detour will direct motorists to Mechanicsville Road, Route 132 (Street Road), and Knights Road.