The Council Rock School District is reminding parents and guardians that August is approaching, as well as deadlines for specific enrollments.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health revised several immunization requirements for the 2017-2018 school year. The changes include an 8-month provisional period for immunizations and a 5-day provisional period for students who do not have records of school requirements.
According to the school district letter sent out by Superintendent Dr. Robert Fraser and Rudy Lamberth, Supervisor of Pupil Services:
Children in ALL Grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (Tdap)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B) 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity (history of chickenpox or antibody titer) 7
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity (history of chickenpox or antibody titer)
7th through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)
- first dose prior to entry into 7th grade –
- a second dose is required at age 16 or prior to entry into 12th grade If the student has already received the first dose after age 16, only one dose is required.
*Reminder that these requirements do not apply to those with medical reasons, religious beliefs, philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction against immunizations.
For more information please refer to the Council Rock School District.