The month that began with a nationwide followed search for four young men turned Solebury Slaying case was supposed to end with more answers, but not anymore.
The preliminary hearing for Comson DiNardo, 20, and Sean Kratz, 20, has been continued to September 7 from the original July 31 scheduled court appearance.
Magisterial Judge Maggie Snow of Buckingham Township will travel to the Justice Center in Doylestown to decide if the case should move to trial.
One of DiNardo’s attorneys, Paul Lang, said his client confessed to all four murders in an agreement made with the Bucks County District Attorney, Matthew Weintraub, to spare his life by not imposing the death penalty.
Kratz’ attorney, Abigal Silverman Leed, gave a statement Tuesday after releasing her new involvement with the case.
“The Kratz family sympathizes with the families of the victims in the case. I would ask that you please respect their privacy during this time,” Leed posted on Twitter. “There will be no further comment.”
Statement on behalf of my client Sean Kratz. pic.twitter.com/Kzt1hhvdfD
— Abby Leeds (@AbbyLawyer) July 18, 2017
The continued preliminary hearing comes at the same time as “sources” told several news outlets that DiNardo confessed to two other murder during his confession.
According to NBC 10, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross told reporters he has not talked to DiNardo.
“When you’re dealing with someone who is pathological like that you don’t know where he is coming from,” Ross said.
On WBCB’s Speak Your Piece special show earlier this week, Louis Busico a Defense Attorney not on the case, said an insanity plea must be made within 30 days of an arraignment.
“I can assure you that those investigators in questioning during the agreement,” Busico explained, “made sure their phrasing would not offer a strong insanity defense later down the road.”
Since the show, both defendants have gained lawyers and rumors attempt to increase.
Solebury Township Police Chief Dominick Bellizzie confirmed Monday to WBCB the hold on the two properties that were searched during the investigation has “changed drastically” but are still off limits to the DiNardo family.