A couple found murdered inside their Churchville home Tuesday afternoon, lead police to a deceased person of interest, Daniel Mooney, 26.

WBCB 1490 AM story: 


First Assistant District Attorney Gregg Shore said Mooney killed Tyler Roy, 28, and Christina Roy, 27 by walking in their home through an unlocked door.

“Daniel Mooney was pronounced dead (Wednesday) morning…as a result of a drug overdose,” First Assistant District Attorney Gregg Shore said.

Daniel Kenneth Mooney, 26, a person of interest

Shore said it was a rough 48 hours but the Philadelphia Police Department helped identify Mooney after the picture was released Wednesday afternoon. Philly PD said there was a report of a “John Doe” drug overdose around 11 p.m. Tuesday night from the Kensington area.

DA Shore said that his team is “unequivocally convinced that (Mooney) killed the victims and he acted alone.” Mooney’s parents are neighbors of the Roy’s, but according to Facebook, he was living in Croydon.

Shore said Mooney was in the home for a “long period of time,” and that there was a clear struggle on the second floor of the home. Autopsies will be conducted Thursday to discover the specific cause of death.

Both victims were stabbed and shot multiple times, according to the investigation thus far, the gun used was owned by the Roy’s.

“We and law enforcement grieve with the Roy and Celenza family, clearly vibrant lives have been lost as a result of this tragedy.”

Tyler was a construction estimator, and Christina was a photographer.

Christina Roy, 27, and Tyler Roy 28

“Both of their faces are faces that are young, vibrant people that have a whole life ahead of them.”

Shore said they were in the process of remodeling their house and that they would have been very “productive members Bucks County society.”

Shore said it’s unclear what his intentions were due to the belief he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Mooney was allegedly connected to a car theft from Speedway Gas Station in Northampton Township on Monday, April 30. He also stole the Roy’s Ford Edge SUV and left it in Northeast Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia PD helped with the investigation as well as the United States Marshal Fugitive Task Force, the Pennsylvania Attorney Generals Office, Bristol and Bensalem PD, and the FBI in Fort Washington.