NorthPoint To Propose First Warehouse For Keystone Trade Center

NorthPoint's Master Sketch Plan. Click to enlarge.

The new owner of the Keystone Trade Center will be revealing its plans for the site’s first industrial warehouse next week.

The announcement came during Monday night’s Falls Township Board of Supervisors meeting. In his report, Township Engineer Joe Jones told the board NorthPoint Development submitted its Phase One plans.

This phase includes a 1-million-square-foot warehouse on River Road at the Keystone Trade Center. Jones said the plan, which is NorthPoint’s first land development application, will “come out of review” for presentation at the Planning Commission.

A computer-generated overview of they Keystone Industrial Port Complex. Image via NorthPoint Development.

This includes a 1-million-square-foot warehouse on River Road. It is likely the first of potentially 20 warehouses expected to pop up at the 1,800 acre site.

The public will have a chance to see the plans for this first project at next Monday’s Falls Township Planning Commission meeting.

If all goes well, the Board of Supervisors expect to begin its review of the plans at a meeting on March 15, 2021.

Local NorthPoint affiliate, NP Falls Township Industrial, LLC, officially purchased the Keystone Trade Center late last year for an estimated $160 million. As part of the acquisition from US Steel, NorthPoint changed the name from the Keystone Industrial Port Complex.

Along with construction of the first warehouse, Phase One includes environmental cleanup.

US Steel cleaned up 70 percent of the site under its ownership. NorthPoint representatives have said the developer plans to spend $25 million into cleaning the remaining 30 percent.

Once cleanup is complete, the industrial developer will have 15 million square feet to work with. Current plans indicate NorthPoint will build more industrial warehouses in later phases for Fortune 500 companies, possibly including Walmart and Amazon.

NorthPoint has not announced any interested or potential tenants for the warehouses. Chief Marketing Officer Brent Miles previously told WBCB the process is similar to a home builder erecting many houses at once.