The American Red Cross is helping a Bristol Township family after a fire ripped apart their kitchen Wednesday morning.

First responders arrived to the scene around 9 a.m. at theĀ 2800 block of New Falls Road to find the blaze in progress. Smoke was making its way through the house, eventually causing significant damage.

Both residents were asleep when the fire started, but awoke in time to make it out of the house. Responders noted smoke alarms blaring throughout the home.

Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito investigated and found the fire started near an appliance in the kitchen. Luckily, Dippolito confirmed there were no injuries.

The Levittown No. 2, Newport, and Newportville fire companies responded to the scene.