Update 10:32 a.m.: Mother Shana Decree was arraigned early Tuesday morning on charges of five counts of homicide and a count of conspiracy.

The Morrisville Borough Police command center sits parked outside the Robert Morris Apartments Tuesday morning. Photo by Rick Rickman.

Police say Shana claims everyone in the room wanted to die and were discussing suicide, according to KYW 1060 AM. Court documents indicate both the mother and daughter said several family members were choked to death.

Detectives at the scene were still investigating as of 9:40 a.m. Tuesday with several police vehicles and a mobile 911 command center.

Investigators removed trash bags filled with what appeared to be clothes from the apartment and placed them outside. Tow trucks took away a silver Mazda vehicle parked directly outside the first floor apartment. 

It was a horrific scene in Morrisville yesterday as Bucks County Detectives found seven people packed into a single room on the first floor of the Robert Morris Apartments.

Shana Decree, 45 and her daughter Dominique, 19, were the only two people alive at the scene and are now charged with killing their five relatives.

“This is a terrible tragedy,” District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said. “I just spoke with the family of the five deceased, and we’re all heartbroken.”

Police remove bags of clothing from the first floor apartment during the investigation.

The victims include two of Shana’s children: Naa’Irah Smith, 25, and Damon Decree Jr., 13, Shana’s sister Jamilla Campbell, 42, and her 9-year-old twin nieces.

Morrisville Borough Police responded around 4 p.m. Monday to unit S-7 of Robert Morris Apartments on West Bridge Street.

The two suspects were taken to the hospital, with the mother experiencing seizures.

“I wanted to come out here and make sure that everybody knew that the people that committed these atrocious acts are now in custody and will be made to pay for their crimes,” Weintraub told reporters Monday night.

Campbell’s son Joshua Campbell, 17, was found in South Jersey when authorities went to make sure he was safe. Officers had to inform him his mother and sisters were killed by his aunt and cousin.

District Attorney Matt Weintraub said the situation is still under investigation.