Local fire companies responded to a report of a house fire late Saturday morning to find smoke and flames exuding from the home located on Madison Court in Bristol Township.

A neighbor called emergency services around 11:00 a.m. when they heard smoke alarms and then saw smoke. No one was injured in the fire because no residents were home at the time. It is unclear whether the fire could have been stopped if identified earlier.

The fire, beginning in the kitchen, has made the house unlivable. As a result, the Red Cross is providing temporary housing to the affected family.

The Newportville, Croydon, Edgely, and Third District fire companies responded to the scene to provide emergency response and assistance.