The Fairless Hills Fire Department responded to a home on Berkshire Road in Fairless Hills Wednesday night to a report of a fire.

Fortunately, the residents noticed a distinct smell, which was confirmed by their smoke alarms. They looked around and found their bathroom ceiling exhaust fan up in flames.

The homeowner took action, using a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze. First responders arrived at around 6:45 to find the fire had not spread to any other part of the house.

Firefighters cleared smoke from the house. There was only minor damage to the home and no one was injured.