Elderly Bristol Residents Suffer Burns In Weekend Home Fire

Firefighters respond to the house fire on Beaver Road. Photo via Levittown Fire Company #2.

Two elderly Bristol Township residents are recovering at a burn center in Philadelphia after a fire this weekend.

Fire crews responded to a home on the 4900 block of Beaver Dam Road shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday morning. When they arrived, they found the single-floor house fully in flames, with the two victims standing outside.

A pair of medical helicopters transported them to the Temple Burn Unit, according to Bristol Township Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito.

It could have been much worse; the home had no smoke alarms.

The victims only woke up thanks to their vigilant neighbors “pounding” on their doors and windows, Dippolito.

Dippolito found the cause of the blaze was a space heater.

Meantime, firefighters brought the fire under control within 30 minutes. Levittown Fire Company No. 2 released head cam footage from the incident. It is available below.