Local and State Police are teaming-up for a Bucks County DUI checkpoint this weekend.
Authorities will be checking drivers for signs of impairment from both drugs and alcohol.
Drivers are potentially subject to field sobriety tests if they appear to be under the influence.
Here’s the Details for the DUI Checkpoint:
- The checkpoint will be on Friday, June 8 from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Officers will be checking drivers on the 600 block of Bristol Pike in Bensalem Township.
- Officers from Newtown Borough and Newtown Township will be among those involved in the second Bucks County DUI checkpoint
- State police and officers from six total municipal departments will be taking part in the checkpoint (Newtown Borough, Newtown Township, Bensalem Township, Richland Township, Warrington Township, and Warwick Township).
- This is the second DUI checkpoint in Bucks County this year. The first checkpoint was organized by the Bucks County DUI Task Force, and took place on St. Patrick’s Day leading to the arrests of 12 people.
WBCB’s Katie Donahue contribtued to this report.