There will be another series of travel restrictions for the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project. The Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission recently announced land-based activities to continue through Dec. 26.
Route 175/River Road and the roadway segment’s on-ramp to Interstate 95 northbound in Ewing, N.J. will see significant changes to the project’s overnight travel schedule.
From Monday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Dec. 22 drivers can expect:
- I-95 north from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – intermittent single-lane travel configurations 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Dec. 21.
- I-95 south from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – intermittent single-lane travel pattern 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Dec. 21. (Note: Single-lane pattern must be lifted by 6 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 22.)
- Woodside Road west of Taylorsville Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 18 to Thursday, Dec. 21.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 18 to Thursday, Dec. 21.
- Taylorsville Road in the vicinity of I-95 – Intermittent single-lane patterns in each direction 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 18, to Thursday, Dec. 21.
New Jersey side
- Route 175/River Road – OVERNIGHT full closure in vicinity of the I-95 approach overpass to the Scudder Falls Bridge 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Wednesday, Dec. 20, through Thursday, Dec. 21 (Note: On-ramp to I-95 will be inaccessible during the overnight closure periods; affected motorists should follow the posted detour routes.); AND DAYTIME alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers between I-95 and West Upper Ferry Road 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 18 to Thursday, 21.
- Route 29 interchange with I-95 – Single lane patterns in each direction on Route 29 in project area 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and restricted ramp widths 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 18 to Thursday, Dec. 21.
Christmas holiday weekend
- A moratorium on project-related lane closures is scheduled to begin 6 a.m. Friday, Dec. 22, and remain in effect until noon Tuesday, Dec. 26.”
The scheduled start of the closure of the canal towpath near the I-95 overpass has been moved from Friday, Dec. 15 to after Christmas, Dec. 26.
For a map of the detoured area click here: www.drjtbc.org
Travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic or equipment/materials mobilization considerations.
Motorists are urged to allow extra time, reduce speed, and exercise caution when traveling near or through the project work areas.