More than a thousand people lined the streets Sunday afternoon for the 2018 Bristol Borough Christmas Parade to watch their local veterans, police and fire, and musical groups head down Pond Street.
Originally scheduled for Saturday, weather predictions forced the hands of the Borough Council to delay the parade 24 hours. It kicked off the holiday season at 1 p.m. starting at East Farragut Ave and making its way to the corner of Cedar and Mill near the Bristol Waterfront Park.
A list of just a few of the organizations with spots in the parade are below.
- Delaware Valley Vietnam Veterans
- American Legion Post #382 and the Bracken Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps
- Bristol Warriors with 2018 District Champs signs abound
- Bristol Borough Police
- Bristol Borough Fire
- The Trenton Thunder’s mascot Chase
- Stepping Stone Dance Studio
- Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio
- St. Mark School
State Senator Tommy Tomlinson and Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick also walked the entire way, almost 2 miles, to hand out candy to onlookers. More photos of the parade are below.