With a special election this upcoming March and national primaries later in April, the Bucks County Board of Elections has scheduled training sessions for the county’s new voting machines.
The County Commissioners selected Clear Ballot late last year for its use of paper ballots. Its system uses a secure database which does not involve the internet.
With the new machines, voters feed their ballot into a scanner. After the scanner reads the vote, it places the ballot into a bag for collection. The bags will then be transported to the Board of Elections office after all voting is complete.
The first training session will be at Bucks County Technical High School on Feb. 12 from 5 to 8 p.m. A full list of other available times is below:
- Feb. 25 – Quakertown Bucks County Free Library, 1-4 p.m.
- Feb. 26 – Bensalem Municipal Building, 5-8 p.m.
- Mar. 3 – Sellersville Fire Department Hall, 5-8 p.m.
- Mar. 6 – Administration Building R110, 5-8 p.m.
- Mar. 10 – Bensalem Municipal Building, 1-4 p.m.
- Mar. 17 – BCCC Newtown Campus, 5-8 p.m.
- Mar. 23 – Administration Building R110, 5-8 p.m.
- Mar. 30 – Ben Wilson Senior Center, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Apr. 7 – Juniper Village, 1-4 p.m.
- Apr. 16 – BCCC Bristol Campus, 5-8 p.m.
- Apr. 21 – BCCC Perkasie Campus, 5-8 p.m.