Fire companies and ambulance squads throughout Bucks County have received more than $1.5 million in state grants. Nearly $700,000 in funds went to first responders in Lower Bucks.
The Office of State Fire Commissioner (OSFC) announced the funding Thursday.
With the announcement, State Fire Commissioner Bruce Trego sent a message to first responders. It included updates policies, noting eligibility for the funds changed several times and “caused significant confusion.”
“I want to thank you for your patience during this process,” said Trego, “and your dedication to your lifesaving mission throughout the pandemic.”
State Senator Steve Santarsiero reiterated the sentiment in a statement.
“These funding awards are critical to supporting the efforts of these brave men and women, who have continued to respond to the needs of our community, often with diminished resources, during these unprecedented times.”
These funds must be used for operational and equipment expenses.
The OSFC sent out a full list of awards by county, available here. WBCB then parsed through the list and identified all grants for first responders in Lower Bucks. In total, Lower Bucks first responders received $674,693.
A full list of recipients in Lower Bucks is below:
- America Hose,Hook And Ladder Company #2 $23,973
- Bensalem Fire Rescue $23,973
- Bristol Fire Company $25,342
- Bristol Volunteer Company #6 $23,973
- Cornwells Fire Company #1 $25,342
- Edgely Fire Co No 1 Inc $ 25,342
- Fairless Hills Volunteer Fire Co $23,973
- Falls Township Fire Company #1 $25,342
- Feasterville Fire Company $25,205
- Goodwill Hose Co. #3 $22,740
- Langhorne-Middletown Fire Company $25,342
- Levittown Fire Co No.2 $24,247
- Levittown Fire Company 1 Falls Township $25,342
- Lower Southampton Fire Company 1 $25,342
- Morrisville Fire Company $23,836
- Newportville Fire Co. $24,110
- Newtown Fire Association $25,068
- Newtown Township $11,094
- Penndel Fire Company No 1 $25,205
- Third District Fire Company 1 $25,205
- Township of Middletown Department of Fire and Emergency Management $11,094
- Trevose Fire Company $25,342
- Tullytown Fire Company $23,425
- Union Fire Co. of Cornwells Heights $25,342
- William Penn Fire Company $23,836
- Levittown-Fairless Hills Rescue Squad $5,856
- St. Mary Medical Center $5,856
- Bensalem Rescue Squad Inc $15,048
- Bucks County Rescue Squad $15,048
- Newtown American Legion Ambulance Squad Inc $15,048
- Penndel Middletown Emergency Squad $15,048
- Yardley Makefield Emergency Unit $13,754