A house fire Sunday night has taken the lives of several felines and incinerated a home in Bristol Township. Now, the community is rallying to provide the family with any help it can.

A fire engine sits outside Edgely Fire Co #1 Station 10. Photo by Rick Rickman.

Multiple fire companies responded to the blaze around 6 p.m. at the 400 block of Cedar Avenue. They found a house completely surrounding in flame, with billowing smoke rising into the sky.

One firefighter with the Edgely Fire Company suffered burns and went to the hospital. He has been treated and released.

Tragically, the family’s pet cats were not so fortunate, according to reports.

Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito said an extension cord failure on the front porch caused the blaze.

A Go Fund Me fundraiser to help “the Brown family” has raised $335 as of 8 a.m. Monday. It is asking for clothes, school supplies, food, water, gift cards, dog food, or hygiene products.

“Almost everything was destroyed,” the organizer said. “The family was left with only the clothes on their back.”

The Croydon, Third District, Newportville, Edgely, Union, and American Hose Fire Companies responded to the scene. Additionally, the Bucks County and Penndel-Middletown Rescue Squads also came out to help.