Twelve Pennsbury students have been selected as awardees of the Lendo Fellowship for academic and co-curricular summer programs.
Yardley native and ’64 alumnus Arthur J. Lendo, Ph.D. established the endowment fund in 2007. It gives accomplished students opportunities to pursue their educational dreams.
“What we tried to the do with the Lendo Fellowship, provided through the Pennsbury Education Foundation, was to provide unique and additional learning opportunities for Pennsbury students outside the classroom,” said Lendo.
Lendo earned his Ph.D. from Boston College. He went on to preside as President of Peirce College in Philadelphia for 18 years.
He called Pennsbury “provided a vital foundation for his future accomplishments in professional and community life.” The Lendo Fellowship is his way of giving back.
The the Board of the Pennsbury Education Foundation oversees the endowment and selected the recipients.
A list of 2020 Lendo Fellowship recipients is below:
- Aidan Catalano, deferring program attendance to 2021
- Shreeya Gounder, Waksman Institute Summer Experience (WISE), Rutgers University
- Rebecca Guloy, deferring program attendance to 2021
- Ezra Greenberg, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program
- Anika Koul, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program
- Pranita Madaka, 2020 Hybrid EMT Boot Camp, Emergency Training Academy
- Eden Malinoff, Cancer Biology: Discovering Molecular Mechanisms & Novel Therapeutic
Strategies, Brown University
- Derek Quinn, The Supreme Court and Major Topics in Law, Columbia University
- John Shea, Hybrid Summer Flight Program, Randolph-Macon Academy
- Krishna Thaker, Summer Engineering Camp, Widener University
- Jennifer Wang, Toxicology, Health and Environmental Disease, Rutgers University
- Jack Zisa, Cybersecurity, Stevens Institute of Technology